The wedding ceremony is over, photos have been taken, toasts have been made and dinner has been served. The day has been perfect, and now all that is left is to dance the night away!
When choosing entertainment for your wedding reception, there are certain things you may want to keep in mind when interviewing DJs. How long have they been in business? How many weddings have they provided entertainment for? Have they performed in the venue? Are they familiar with certain musical genres and traditions?
With these questions rolling around in your head, what will make you ultimately say the words “Yes, you’re hired!”? Crichton Uale of The Perfect Wedding DJs discusses his opinion in an interview with Wedding Lovely:
“A couple should look for a DJ who embodies the kind of event they are looking for. If you are wanting a fun, non-traditional, backyard-party-type of wedding, you’ll want your first impression of a DJ to be a fun, non-traditional kind of guy or girl when you first meet up with him/her. However, if you are looking to throw an elegant, classy, traditional wedding, then expect to meet with a DJ who is dressed nicely and carries himself/herself well.
Also, make sure your DJ is a good communicator. Emails, texts or calls should be responded to promptly. Failure to do so could be a major red flag. More than anything, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want your wedding to be, and that your DJ, and all other vendors, buy into your vision. If the DJ is trying to make you fit his/her mold, bail immediately.”
Check out this checklist for some more questions to consider when interviewing wedding DJs.
Questions to Ask Your Potential Wedding DJ
- Is my date available?
- Have you played at my venue before?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you done?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- Do you provide any other services, such as lighting design?
- What are the prices of your packages?
- Does your pricing include set-up and tear down at the end of the night?
- Do you have any other services, such as lighting design?
- How far in advance do I need to book with you?
- What do you charge if the event goes over the agreed upon time?
- Do you have a refund policy?
- Do you have any video sample of recent events?
- Can I give you a list of requested songs we want to be played/don’t want to be played?
- What equipment do you use to play/choose your music?
- Will you require a wireless connection?
- Are you open to guest requests?
- What is your microphone situation?
- May we use them for announcements and speeches?
- How many people will be working the event?
- Will you require dinner?
- Do you have formal attire?
- How large is your set up?
- Will you provide music in between sets?
The Perfect Wedding DJs are professional wedding/party DJs with 10+ years experience in Honolulu, Hawaii. If you are having a destination wedding or any other celebration that needs DJs who are capable of making your event unforgettable, visit our Contact page to schedule a call with us!
See what Nicole has to say...
"The Perfect Wedding DJs were amazing! They definitely added their special touch to our wedding day! Our guests could not stop raving about the music selections during dinner and the dancing hour. They met my expectations and even went above and beyond. They also did a beautiful job with our lighting. Which added extra elegance and finesse to our venue."